The RNLI Canford is one of those watches that’s effortless to own, stylish and totally fit for purpose, with the added feel good factor of knowing that your purchase provides support for the RNLI, because for every special edition watch, we are paying £35* in support of the charity.
Whilst working with the RNLI team to develop this historic collaboration, some really special and unique details have been brought to life such as the rope and anchor logo that was re-designed from the archives after we all agreed it was the most fitting detail for the case back. In addition, there are small white and blue circular dial indexes positioned outside the hour batons as a subtle, if you know, you know reference to the white and blue boat hooks carried by every RNLI offshore vessel. The coloured hooks hark back to the earliest days of the service, when lifeboats were powered by oar and sail, with blue oars on the starboard side and white on the port side so that people could tell which way around the double ended lifeboat was rowing.
The Canford RNLI special edition is built to a professional specification with scratchproof glass and an inner timing bezel operated by the upper crown on the right hand side of the case. There’s an over size luminous 12H index on the inner bezel which works perfectly with the bold hour batons and hands for perfectly clear visibility or event timing even in low or poor lighting.
Domed anti-reflective sapphire crystal provides enhanced scratch resistance and long service life in addition to the already high Canford spec including a shock protection system, triple sealed crowns, marine grade stainless case and ‘compressor’ bolted down case back.
The RNLI Canford is fitted with our most popular custom black EPDM rubber strap – a durable, practical strapping system used widely by our military and blue light community. This strap has it’s own development story (plus a NATO stock number) and is the go-to strap of choice for this watch, having survived a 12 month global circumnavigation mounted to a Clipper ’70 race yacht – returning totally unscathed. All other 22mm Elliot Brown straps will also fit for effortless personalisation options, aided by the fitment of single sided screw in strap bars that are easily removed with the precision tool provided.
The Swiss movement is housed inside a bespoke shock absorption system and every watch is pressure tested three times before it’s signed off, twice under air pressure and for the 3rd test it’s pressurised under water at 200m. Lets’s just say it’s been a little deeper than you are likely to reach on your adventures. So you’ve got a classic steel watch with smart rubber strap for the working week and a hard-as-nails outdoors watch built for spending time on the water or hills built with precision and a fundamental attention to detail, befitting of a watch carrying so much on it’s shoulders.
The perfect mix of style and utility.
- Swiss Made 5-jewel Ronda 715 quartz movement with custom date printing at 4 o’clock
- Deep ocean blue dial, extra bold SuperLuminova indexes, white hour and minute hands, red seconds hand.
- Unique Blue and White port and starboard index references
- 3 year battery life with low power indication
- Internal timing bezel with oversized 12 o’clock marker
- Steel & elastomer damped shock-absorbing movement holder
- Water-resistant to ISO2281 and individually tested to 20ATM/200M
- Shock-resistant beyond ISO1413
- Solid marine-grade 316L stainless steel case
- Domed anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Triple sealed 6mm knurled crowns
- Bolted down caseback with oversize seals, deep machined rope and anchor logo, engraved with With Courage Nothing Is Impossible motto
- Single sided screw-in steel strap bars with strap changing tool included
- Fitted with EPDM black rubber strap with wide tongue brushed 316L buckle
- 9H-3H – 44mm excluding crowns
- 12H-6H – 54mm max to tip of case shoulders
- Maximum thickness – 13.5mm
- Strap width – 22mm